Since 1981 I have been working as a speech and language therapist.
Since 2000 I have been an NLP-practitioner.
NLP-techniques help to motivate the child and reduce fear.
In 2008 I finished my English studies at a private university in Stuttgart.
Speech therapeutic focus
- Voice problems (hoarseness, weakness, pain)
- Late bloomers (children with delayed speech development)
- Normal speech development but delay in grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation
- Problems in auditory skills
- Problems in speaking including autism, hyperactivity, mental retardation, lack of concentration
- Myofunctional support for children with dental braces
- Re-learning of healthy nasal breathing after polyp surgery and/or tonsils
- Regular participation in the professional workgroups “Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia” and “Autism and Language”
All therapies can be carried out in English or German.
I always inform the parents about my therapeutic steps so that they can repeat them at home.
I usually regularly contact the childs teacher for constructive communication about the child`s progress.
If it is necessary to treat a non-speaking or an autistic child with the method “PECS” (Picture Exchange Communication System), I also train the parents and teachers.